Below you will find descriptions of all the student positions affiliated with The Office of Elliott University Center. For more information please feel free to contact us. If you are interested please download and fill out the Student Employment Application. After completing the application you may drop it off with Michelle Parson in the Office of Elliott University Center, room 221 EUC.
- Building Managers/House Managers
- Building Managers and House Managers are responsible for the efficient operation of Elliott University Center, Aycock Auditorium, and Brown Annex during their duty shifts. The Building/House Manager is also responsible for the proper opening or closing of the facilities at the scheduled times and reports directly to the EUC Assistant Director for Operations. The position develops leadership and managerial skills and a sense of responsibility. It is a part-time job shared by 3-4 persons, involving approximately 15-20 hours per week.
- Information Desk
- Want to work at the heart of the campus and be seen by friends? In this position, students answer telephones, assist people with questions, loan magazines, help with locating student numbers and information. This is a part-time job carrying approximately 8-15 hours per week. It requires early morning, day, evening and weekend duty. The shifts are arranged by the student managers, who take into account the employees’ class schedules and other obligations. This position reports directly to the EUC Manager of Patron Services.
- Office Assistant
- This position serves as receptionist and performs clerical duties such as light typing, filing, etc. The primary purpose of this position is to answer, direct and screen phone calls as well as serve as front-desk personnel. This individual will assist students, faculty and staff in a public-oriented fast-paced environment. This position reports directly to the Administrative Assistant of the office. This student employee is expected to use initiative, be self-directed, have aptitude to work with details and have high degree of accuracy.
- University Box Office/Arts Information Center
- Have an interest in the arts and want to work with people? This is a part-time job carrying approximately 8-15 hours per week. It requires day, evening and weekend duty. Students must be self-directed and have competency in money transactions and computer skills. This position reports directly to the EUC Manager of Patron Services. For more information contact The Office of Elliott University Center at 334-5800.
- Art Gallery
- This position is typically held by a part-time graduate student in the MFA program carrying 10 hours per week. Work hours vary according to the needs and the schedule of the gallery. It requires regular office hours as well as time spent in the gallery. This position involves public relations work, marketing, dealing with artists, contracts, attention to detail, and advertising. The manager is expected to schedule exhibits in a timely manner, take into consideration “annual” exhibits which occur, and plan exhibits in conjunction with special events that are schedule at the University. The Gallery Manager is expected to maintain a GPA of at least 2.5, and carry 12 hours each semester and 6 hours during the summer term.
- Set-Up Staff/Set-Up Manager
- The Set-Up staff provides proper set-up and arrangement of equipment, table, chairs, furniture etc. in meeting/classrooms in the EUC. After the event takes place the Set-Up staff is in charge of returning everything to its proper state. The Set-Up Manager is responsible for staffing and supervising the Set-Up staff. The manager will be expected to show up for some weekends and special functions, as they are needed.
- Student Managers
- Most EUC student employees are supervised by Student Managers who are responsible for hiring, training and evaluation of the staff in their areas. Students who apply for these positions must possess strong leadership skills and the ability to supervise their peers. Includes day, evening and weekend duty. Student managers are expected to maintain a GPA of at least 2.5, and carry a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester and 6 hours in the summer.
For Current Employees
- TimeForce: Login to the TimeForce time clock system to check your monthly schedule, hours, etc.